Installing Factory Image for Nexus Devices
The Procedure to install factory image for Nexus Devices is straight forward.
Download the Factory Image from the Google Website: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Follow the procedure mentioned in the link.
Sometimes you may face problem with ADB.
Make sure to check the following:
- Developer Mode is enabled on the Phone.
- PTP mode is used and not MTP. ( Or Unselect both )
- Make sure you connect the phone to the laptop when the screen is not locked.
- You have the latest version of ADB installed ( Windows user can update Google USB Drivers ), Mac/Linux user can use the latest version from the following link: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/r2d2b2g/
- You must see the authorization option if it is the first time you are connecting your laptop/computer the phone/tablet and make sure you accept authorization.
Maheshs-MacBook-Pro:hammerhead-lmy48b maheshkumar$ sh flash-all.sh sending 'bootloader' (3119 KB)... OKAY [ 0.204s] writing 'bootloader'... OKAY [ 0.536s] finished. total time: 0.739s rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.096s] finished. total time: 0.096s sending 'radio' (45425 KB)... OKAY [ 1.536s] writing 'radio'... OKAY [ 3.142s] finished. total time: 4.678s rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.101s] finished. total time: 0.101s archive does not contain 'boot.sig' archive does not contain 'recovery.sig' archive does not contain 'system.sig' -------------------------------------------- Bootloader Version...: HHZ12h Baseband Version.....: M8974A-188.8.131.52.26 Serial Number........: 02b2d8ab215d12b6 -------------------------------------------- checking product... OKAY [ 0.100s] checking version-bootloader... OKAY [ 0.100s] checking version-baseband... OKAY [ 0.100s] sending 'boot' (8980 KB)... OKAY [ 0.500s] writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 0.773s] sending 'recovery' (9696 KB)... OKAY [ 0.558s] writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.811s] sending 'system' (1021744 KB)... OKAY [ 32.344s] writing 'system'... OKAY [ 71.872s] erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 36.959s] erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.640s] rebooting... finished. total time: 145.155s Maheshs-MacBook-Pro:hammerhead-lmy48b maheshkumar$
After this I waited for almost 4 hours ( 30 minutes was optimal) , the phone never booted up. I switched off the phone.
Clicked on the Volume Up + Power Button –>> Leads to Bootloader Menu
Selected the Recovery Mode using the Volume Buttons. Used Power Button to select it.
Screen with Android and a “! (exclamatory) ” pops up.
Now used Power Button + Volume Up. In this screen, you can go to logs and check what the issue was. In my case it was Cache problem.
I had to clear/wipe the data / cache. After doing that the Phone came up properly 😀
- I have many friends back in India who are plann...
- Get the arm ...
- Download the Raspbian from the following link: ...
- Location of ...
- Autonomous Robotics
- Bandipur Forest – Mysore Palace
- Google Maps API
- Independence Day
- Nandi Hills
- Nvidia Jetson TK1
- RMAAC 2015
- Robotic Operating System
- University of Colorado Boulder